We are excited to announce the public preview of TiDB Cloud, the fully-managed TiDB service by PingCAP. With TiDB Cloud, customers can now easily use TiDB on Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud to quickly build modern, mission critical applications.
Get the full power of TiDB
TiDB is the leading open-source, MySQL compatible, distributed NewSQL database in the industry that supports hybrid transactional and analytical processing (HTAP), which allows business to run real-time analytical queries. It also features horizontal scalability, strong consistency, and high availability.
- More control over your scaling: Scale your performance (TiDB) and storage (TiKV) nodes separately
- High availability and reliability: Ensure business continuity for your mission critical applications with our ACID-compliant cluster deployment
- Scalable Multi-master: No more bottlenecks – scale without restrictions with read and write capability on every node
- High concurrency: Have thousands of users query your data at the same time without sacrificing performance
- Simplified database architecture: Eliminate complex data migration between transactional and analytical workloads by storing data in a single database
- Real-time operational analytics: Run real-time analytical queries with our hybrid transactional-analytical processing (HTAP) capabilities
TiDB has been growing for the past 6 years, and is now deployed in production by over 1500 companies worldwide. Open source since day one, TiDB has donated two projects to the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) and currently has over 400 contributors to its GitHub repository.
“The mission of PingCAP is to make developing data-intensive applications easy at any scale,” said Li Shen, VP of PingCAP.
TiDB Cloud goes a step further by making deployment, management and maintenance even easier through an online interface. Now, after 6 months in private beta, it is available for public preview.
Why TiDB Cloud?
TiDB Cloud makes deploying, managing, and maintaining your TiDB clusters even simpler with a fully managed cloud instance that you control through an intuitive dashboard. You’ll be able to easily deploy on Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud to quickly build mission critical applications.
By scaling TiDB clusters with a click of a button, you’ll be able to provision your databases for exactly how much and how long you need them – no longer wasting expensive resources. TiDB Cloud allows Developer, DevOps and DBA teams with little or no training to handle once-complex tasks such as infrastructure management and cluster deployment.
TiDB Cloud also simplifies deployment, scaling, and recovering from outages through its cloud-native, distributed architecture that eliminates the need for manual sharding and complex failover schemes. Overall, this frees up your time to focus on making better applications for your customers.
Get started today
Ready to give TiDB Cloud a try? Click here and choose from one of the public preview options:
- 48-Hour free trial: For developers interested in a quick preview and try out a standard TiDB cluster for 48 hours.
- Proof of concept: For developers who want to test out their applications. Apply for a free two week proof-of-concept with unlimited cluster size and dedicated technical support.
- Preview-on-demand: For developers who want unlimited use. Get unlimited usage with a special public preview discount.